The NALC supports 70+ missions worldwide. The WNALC selected The Great Commission
Society as one of its Mission Banks this year to be able to support all of them or at least the ones with the greatest need. Each mission and ministry does great work for the kingdom of God within their special calling. The work that Mary Bates does with Disaster Response is frequently featured in our newsletter and more help is always needed. As I write this another 100-year-old tree has fallen in my yard due to the tornados ripping through my home state of Georgia.
Saint Martin Lutheran Church in Atlanta, GA (Brookhaven) is a mission start that has great potential and wonderful people in a ministry that is being blessed by the Great Commission Society. I love that ministry and look forward to a great witness coming from them.
Another one of my favorites is Water Mission, which was one of our featured missions two years ago. Just know whatever you give to Mission Banks this year will abundantly bless those who are doing kingdom work in the vastness of a worldwide mission field.
In case you don’t receive Water Mission’s Prayer Ripples, I have permission to share their April 23, 2021 message with you.
Prayer Ripples, April 23, 2021
This April, as we move forward with the hope resurrection brings, let us use the gifts and talents God has given us. Let us pray the Lord would reveal our gifts, and that we use them to faithfully spread His promise of life across the world.
Different cultures value different skills — some praise efficiency, while others prefer thoroughness, and so on. Regardless of our own talents or aptitudes, it is God who has given them, and God who calls us to use them to serve. This common source should grant us confidence and deflate undue pride.
Let us ask the Lord for guidance in where He is calling us to use our talents. Let us also ask for humble sight regarding the giftings of others, that we might value the work each of our sisters and brothers brings to God’s kingdom.
Please pray with us:
- Pray for the people on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent following the recent eruption of La Soufrière volcano. May the Lord comfort the 16,000 residents who have been displaced from their homes. Please pray for Water Mission and our partners on the ground as we work to assess urgent needs and get safe water flowing.
- Please pray for the team in Indonesia as they respond to disastrous flooding and landslides.
- Thank the Lord for our partners and staff around the world, who position us to respond to natural and humanitarian disasters, when then happen, wherever they happen.
- Thank the Lord as projects near completion in San Luis, Mexico, providing 60 families with safe water and increased water, sanitation, and hygiene awareness. Please pray for their numerous safe water projects underway in rural, jungle, and coastal areas of the country.
- Pray for our Haiti team’s continued safe water construction and implementation programs in Robert-Piatre and Miniere, areas of great economic and spiritual need.
- Thank the Lord for blessing our Kenya team’s partnership with Homa Bay County, a populous area along Lake Victoria.
- Please pray for the engineers traveling to Gambella to work with Plan International Ethiopia and Plan International Denmark to further safe water around the world.
- Thank the Lord for the Global Water Center’s Mobile Discovery Center Pray that the people experiencing these interactive exhibits learn about the global water crisis and are moved to action. The Mobile Discovery Center finishes its time in Orlando, Florida on April 25, 2021 before taking to the road. Pray that the Lord blesses the journey. To see a list of all of the stops on the Mobile Discover Center’s tour, please visit watermission.org/events
“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone” (1 Corinthians 12:4,6).